Monday, July 7, 2008

Scorpion count - 1, Spider Count - 2, Gecko - 1


Okay, last time I was in Belize, I kept a running total of the number of scorpions i killed. I made it up to 8. As of today, I've only whacked one. Disappointing.


Spiders - you know what's worse than finding a spider in the bathroom in the morning? Going back to get your shoe and not being able to find it!! I was getting ready on Saturday, did just that, and couldn't find the spider ANYWHERE!! I eyed my cosmetic bag, with the zipper undone, and thought, hmm, wonder if he's in there. I forgot about it, until I reached in and he came flying out. EWWWWWW!! Yes, that gave me the heebie jeebies!


Oh, and about the gecko...it was an accident, and apparently, he was only MOSTLY dead. And as everyone knows, MOSTLY dead is SLIGHTLY ALIVE!! So, the gecko has been set free, and is scampering about, tailless. But i had nothing to do with that, that's how we found him.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Leah ~ Your Blogs are great!! I go in every morning to see what the two of you are into today. I must say I think its better being in Ohio hearing about the scorpions and the spiders then in Belize to experience them first hand. :) The two of you sound like you’re having a great trip what a blessing. Your little Kolby is having fun on his little sabbatical on the Butsko home. He and Sneakers have become buds ~ well sort of ... Sneakers hisses and bats at Kolby and Kolby chases him. We have nicknamed them Tom and Jerry. Kolby has had a small mishap.. he wondered under my deck and found himself a little chubby to get back out. We went over all of our rescue options including tearing up the deck…Eeeekkk….however Nick was able to dig him a little tunnel to squeeze himself through. Smart Dog. Kolby was so happy to be free. He came out BLACK!! The kids bathed him and pampered him. That’s about it here... Hope you had a nice 4th of July ...Ooo Kolby does NOT like fireworks. Take Care and Be Safe. See you soon ~ Melissa