Thursday, August 19, 2010

Yes, I'm Tabor's MOM!!

To continue my last post, this lady sits down behind me with her three daughters. I turned around to greet her, and she asked, "are you Tabor's mom?"

When I saw her daughters, I remembered her right away too! I had taken Tabor to Belize on my second trip, in July 2008. We told stories in the village of Pomona, and this woman was there, in attendance. Her daughters, Myrna and Sandra, I think were smitten with Tabor, because her mother, Margarita, told me that Sandra had just been talking about Tabor that very week!

I asked what they remembered most about Tabor, and they said that they remember him poking them in the forehead, and making a popping noise (think Donkey on Shrek 2 when he is making that noise on the way to Far Far Away). But they remember him!

It was so encouraging to see Margarita in the service. The church in Pomona has had its share of struggles, and it was nice to see that someone there had been supporting the church for at least two years. I am sure there were others, but I hadn't met them personally.

What are you doing to support your local church, and what are you doing to make a memory that will last two years? What are you doing to make a lasting impression? Is it a POSITIVE impression?

Until next time,
Leah

No comments: